June 6th, 2012:
We're coming up on 4 years of serving the old school BMX community. If you've never shopped with us before, let me first tell you who we are:
Porkchop BMX is dedicated to bringing you retro/vintage inspired products, primarily for BMX, but we also stock some items for older mountain bikes. Most of our products are custom manufactured and are therefore available exclusively through this website and our authorized dealers - we do not maintain a walk-in retail storefront nor are operators standing by to take your call - this keeps our costs low so you're buying parts for your bike, not paying for fluff that doesn't add value to your order.
We are the exclusive source for Chop Saw driveline components, Viscount old school seats, Duro old school SKINWALL tires in sizes from 16" up to 26", and we carry the largest selection of Flite padsets and donuts on the planet. We are one of the largest Dia-Compe dealers in the world and work closely with Dia-Compe to bring you unique brake products in a wide range of colors. We also carry ACS, A'ME, ODI, 43 Hardware, Trik Topz and many more quality brands.
Our business is built on simplicity: We ship our products in pristine condition, ridiculously fast, and darn near 100% accurate (okay, so we make a mistake about once every 2000 orders - hopefully it's not YOUR order - and we're going to Six Sigma the heck out our processes until we are 100% accurate). We appreciate customers who carefully read descriptions, view all photos, and take the time to measure their bike before ordering - this reduces returns which allows us to continue to offer low prices.
Here are some highlights from the past year:
- Porkchop BMX Facebook page
- We now have over 3500fans on our Facebook page (click "Like" on the homepage). This is one of the best way to keep up with what's happening here at Porkchop BMX, new shipments, new products, sales, and general happenings in the old school BMX community.
- Monthly E-mail Newsletter
- For those who aren't into the whole Facebook thing, you might try signing up for our e-mail list - it is also available on the homepage. Your contact info is used exclusively by Porkchop BMX and not shared or sold. In addition, we're so busy, I'd be surprised if we find time to actually send out even one of these a month. For those who hate spam, this is the e-mail list for you.
- Bicycle Giveaways
- So far, we've given away 5 custom built BMX bikes to our customers, where we've spared no expense and showcased many of our products to create a unique BMX bike. Up until now, your order was your entry.
- We will continue to give away these killer bikes, but starting July 2012, we will tie participation in a build off to being eligible to win. More details coming soon... but the next two bikes will be a Hutch Pro Racer and one of the new Skyway 24 XL cruisers. The build offs will be hosted by VintageBMX.com.
- Below are the bikes we've given away so far:
- Robinson Giveway
- We gave away a 1997 Robinson MX that was a U.S. manufactured frame/fork and built up with top quality components (some Porkchop, some NOS). The winner was drawn July 8th, 2010 and the bike now has a new home in Colorado (see below).
- Schwinn Mag Scrambler Giveaway:
- After a couple of false starts, we finally got a winner for the Mag Scrambler - George Hodges of Walkersville, Maryland. George will be sending pics of himself with the bike soon, but in the meantime, below is what he won.
- Hutch Windstyler Giveaway:
- 1984 Hutch Windstyler - the entry period was November 2nd, 2010 to April 29th, 2011 with the winner (Rob South of Alabama) drawn April 30th, 2011.
- 2011 Standard 125R Pork Edition
- We teamed up with Rick Moliterno and Standard Byke Company for this one - a custom 125R frame/fork/bars combined with a little Pork flavor to come up with the ultimate race bike.
- Entries were accepted from April 30th, 2011 to September 30th, 2011 and we awarded this bike Oct 1st, 2011 to George Hoos of Florida.
- 1984 Raleigh R1500 Pit Bike Giveaway
- Our latest giveaway bike - a 1984 Raleigh pit bike. Entry period was from October 1st, 2011 to February 28th, 2012 and we gave this bike away to Charlie Wilson of West Palm Beach, FL (we also ship parts to him in Canada, so I'm not sure which he considers home) on March 1st, 2012.
Officially Licensed Decals and Padsets for Schwinn BMX, Powerlite, Dyno, and Robinson
We are licensed by Pacific Cycle to produce padsets and decals under their Schwinn, Powerlite, Dyno, and Robinson brand names. We are hard at work re-creating the artwork for many models and will have a large selection from many of these brands available before the end of 2012. If you have original decals or pad sets (or scans of them), vector artwork already prepared, etc. that you'd be willing to sell or trade, please let us know. We can be very generous with trading parts or if need be we can pay cash. Thanks!
Justin Earl (a.k.a. Porkchop)
Friends of Porkchop BMX:
Smoopy's - Andrew Logan and team at Smoopy's in Murfreesboro, TN (vintage bikes and related parts of all types) - http://www.SmoopysBicycles.com
Nick Ziegler, founder of the Midwest BMX Program (great charity! Send them $$$!) - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midwest-BMX-Donations-Program/375513393900?ref=nf
Kristen Ziegler of KZ Photography (Moline, IL / Davenport, IA area) - http://www.facebook.com/pages/KZ-Photography/110953462251083?ref=nf
Kaos BMX - Ted Bailey, David Pesquie and team (check out their new super light race frames!) Kaos now has a retail shop in West Monroe, Louisiana - if you're in the area, check it out! - http://www.KaosBMX.com
Uni BMX - Jason Forsmann and the Uni Factory Team - http://www.uniseats.com/
BMX Products, LLC - Bill Curtin delivering officially licensed decal sets for your old school GT, Mongoose, Jag, and SE bike and Mongoose grips - http://www.BMXProducts.com
Elegant Wheels - Guy Doss, master wheel builder for all types of bicycles - http://www.ElegantWheels.net
Chris Appoldt of Chris Appoldt Photography (Long Island, NY area) - builds some beatiful bikes and all around nice guy - http://www.christopherappoldt.com/