Dia-Compe MX1000 BMX brake caliper
- Color: PURPLE ANODIZED
- Model: MX1000
- Application: This caliper is set up for REAR use. However, a longer FRONT pivot bolt and appropriate shallow half moon washers are included so you can convert this to front use if you desire. Need a FRONT and REAR caliper? Then order 2 of these calipers and convert one with the parts included. However, the quick release is riveted on therefore brake cable routing must come from above (therefore, this cannot be used with a Potts Mod hollow stem bolt in front).
- Features: Quick release lever, Dia-Compe thumb adjuster, set up for top routed brake cable (race style). This brake will NOT work with a Potts Mod.
- Brake pads: Dia-Compe salmon compound retro block pads (an aggressive ferrous oxide compound similar to Mathauser)
- Mounting hardware included
- The "MX" is laser engraved into the anodizing.
NOTE: These are brand new production calipers direct from Dia-Compe - these are not NOS nor are they made from the original MX1000 tooling (the original tooling is long gone).