Brand new officially licensed Powerlite vinyl padset (BE SURE TO MEASURE BEFORE BUYING TO BE SURE THEY WILL FIT YOUR BIKE)
* Color: RED
* Correct gloss vinyl naugahyde from the original 1970's manufacturer.
* Newer style open cell foam.
* Made in the USA
* Top tube pad is 12" long with approx. 7/8" foam inner diameter with 5 SNAPS.
* Handlebar pad is 9" long with approx. 1/2" foam inner diameter
* Stem pad is 10 7/8" long and 3 5/8" wide. Center of snap to center of snap is 9 3/4" long, so if you're wanting to be sure this will fit your stem, wrap a tape measure around your stem and be sure 9 3/4" gives you plenty of room.
* These are different from originals in these ways:
- The top tube pad is 5 snap and 12" long (originals would have been around 9 1/2" with only 4 snaps).
- The foam is open cell.
- There is a Flite tag sewn into each tag (and the particular Flite logo is circa 2005 or so)
- These come in newer type Flite bag with header card (with a website on it.)
- No bars/lines on the field behind the lettering.
- Since we have never actually found an original set, we had to recreate these using the only 2 photos we could find of them, therefore there are bound to be other subtle differences.
NOTE: This is an old school BMX product - it will not even begin to fit modern bikes (even retro ones). If you want to use these pads on a modern bike, it will require thinner wall foam with a larger inner diameter.
PLEASE READ: These are made using original textured vinyl and original screenprinting techniques from the 1970's, which means the printing is not perfect. There will be small areas with poor coverage and other minor printing imperfections. This is authenticity, not a quality issue. Any set that has issues beyond what is normal will not be sent to a customer.