Park CT-3.2 Chain Tool (New version as of June 2013!)
A shop favorite updated to work on all chains including 1/8”, 3/16” single-speed chains and 5 to 11-speed 3/32" derailleur chains. Because of the tremendous force needed to remove chain pins, our Chain Tool is made from investment cast steel.
- Fine thread and comfortable size for easy removal of even the toughest chain pins
- Intended for both single-speed and derailleur type chains
- Sliding shelf to accomodate any width chain
- CT-3.2 will not peen Campagnolo® chain rivets (see CT-11).
- The shelf fastener sizing is preset to allow easy adjustment from one width chain to another. Any attempt to lock the shelf in place will result in damage to the tool.
From Porkchop: This is my favorite chain breaker. It is unbelievably heavy duty and the pin is replaceable. It is actually designed primarily for derailleur chains (3/32") but will work with 1/8" chains (which is what I use it for) although Park recommends the CT-7 for 1/8" and super wide 3/16" chains. So why do I choose the CT-3 over the CT-7? Because I only deal with 3/32" and 1/8" chains (and you probably do too) and would prefer to have a single tool that works on both. While quite a bit more expensive than the Rivoli Cyclo chain tool that we also sell, the choice comes down to investing a little more in a tool that will last a lifetime.